Doesn’t it surprise you how far technology has come along? It is actually incredible! And interestingly, all of it happened in a matter of a few decad
Doesn’t it surprise you how far technology has come along? It is actually incredible! And interestingly, all of it happened in a matter of a few decades. The first handheld mobile was launched by Motorola, back in 1973. Since then, there is no turning back. Gone are the days when the whole family had to rely on the common landline or a Spectrum phone, which was there in the living room. Today, every member of the family has his own personal smartphone. In fact, every person owns not just a smartphone but also multiple gadgets. No wonder the market is flooded with smartphones of every shape and size. We are going to give you a little comparison of two popular phones in this blog post.
Google has finally ventured into the smartphone industry. The Pixel and Pixel XL are the first phones ever branded with Google. And, we have to say they are amazingly impressive. We are going to compare Google phones with the tech-giant Apple’s iPhone 7 and 7 Plus. Let’s see which is the better choice.
- Apple’s iPhone 7 and 7 Plus come with a 4.7-inch and a 5.5-inch screen respectively.
- When it comes to the resolution, the iPhone 7 features a Retina screen with a 1334 x 750 resolution. Whereas, the Pixel comes with a full HD resolution and it is 1080 x 1920 pixels.
- If you talk about density, which is pixel-per-inch, iPhone 7 makes 326 ppi and the Pixel boasts of an impressive 424 ppi. It is not likely to notice the individual pixels on both of the phones. But, Google phone benefits from an enhanced resolution in VR action.
- Google seems to beat iPhone in resolution on bigger sets too. For Pixel XL, it features a 1440 x 2560 resolution and 534 ppi. And, for iPhone 7 Plus, the resolution is only 1080 x 1920 (same as 5-inch Pixel). Although you won’t be disappointed with the display of iPhone 7 Plus, Pixel XL has the edge.
The major criticism leveled at Apple is about how the iPhone 7 is not much different from iPhone 6S in terms of design. And it is true.
- The iPhone 7 clearly resembles its predecessor. It comes with the same curved sides, metal casing, and a flat back.
- The areas where you find difference are the antenna lines, which are now curved around the bottom and top of the device. The camera hump is slightly different too. There is an addition of a haptic home button. It features a vibration response.
- There is no headphone jack and it has been replaced by a nice speaker grille- a couple of them appearing on each side of the lightning connection at the base of the iPhone.
- For Pixel and Pixel XL, there are no striking differences in design to the iPhone models. Google Phones are rectangular with round edges and feature antenna lines on the back plate’s bottom.
- The fingerprint sensor is at the back of the half-glossy and half-matte device. While Apple has placed the touch ID fingerprint scanner right below the home button at the front.
- Google Pixel lacks some stalwart features too which we were expecting from a phone that is flagship priced. Also, it doesn’t offer a good water-resistant rating (IP68) that iPhone 7 and Samsung Galaxy S7 have. It also doesn’t feature very powerful speakers. You cannot expand the storage beyond 32GB because they don’t offer a micro SD slot.
Without a doubt, Apple is a tech-giant and, it has created some seriously amazing and powerful phones. And we are talking about iPhone 7 and 7 Plus here. iPhone 7 is perhaps the most powerful phone that we have used so far. The 7 series is almost 30% faster than the 6 series and almost 12% more powerful than Galaxy S7.
- It comes with an innovative, new A10 Fusion core and a 2GB RAM. The Fusion core actually features two cores for more intensive and lighter tasks. iPhone 7 exhibits a top-level performance and ensures a fluid experience on the user’s end.
- iPhone 7 has the same A10 chip but it has added an extra 1GB of the RAM. It is bound to push the stellar performance further.
- The Google phones come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 chip. It offers a 10% boost to the processor performance. They have a 4GB of RAM and the operating system is Android Nougat OS. All this have us wondering about the amazing specs of Pixels. These phones can be compatible with the Google’s new VR platforms called Daydream. While the iPhone 7 series doesn’t feature any VR capabilities. Apple doesn’t seem to put much into the VR technology. So, Google has an edge here too.
- Talking about the storage options, Apple is finally done with the paltry 16GB memory. The 7 series offer 32, 128, and 256GB memory options. Google offers 32 and 128 GB storage tiers.
We hope this comparative analysis is helpful in letting you choose the right phone for yourself. Reading reviews and comparisons is highly recommended whenever you plan to buy a gadget or even when you are calling to a service such as Charter customer service. Read a comparison of Spectrum vs Xfinity or Cincinnati Bell before subscribing to one. It always helps you find something that suits you the best. So, always make a wise choice and know what you are getting.